Getting to know Z. Getting to know all about Z! And I hope that tune stays stuck in your head now! Having eased myself back into the world of blogging I felt it would be appropriate to give you a little insight into my life by setting out 20 facts about me. Rather than hang about let’s jump right in!
1) I am musical. I sing and play a few different instruments to varying degrees of success. I’m constantly listening to Spotify and if it wasn’t for music I’m not sure how I’d get through life.
2) I recently took up knitting and find it to be a really relaxing activity.
3) I suffer with anxiety. It can get bad enough that I can’t step out of the house. I’m working on it but no two days are the same.
4) Books take up a lot of space in my life. I am known as the girl who usually has a book in her hand and can recommend you an interesting read.
5) When I was younger I wanted to be a bin man or a professional kite flyer.
6) Lemon and lime flavoured squash is my favourite drink.
7) I’ve been lucky enough to travel to many places in the world but I don’t want to stop. I want to visit as many places as possible before I die.
8) I have never broken a bone in my body. I once thought I may have broken my wrist but it was a false alarm. Touch wood it keeps going that way!
9) I write a lot of poetry and would love to share it with people but I’m always super nervous about it.
10) Pineapple does not belong on a pizza – this I firmly believe.
11) Autumn is my favourite season. Nothing beats being cosy as the weather starts to get a little bit colder.
12) I have a fear of mirrors and in particular mirrors in dark rooms. I was exposed to way too many horror films as a child.
13) The sound of rain soothes me. If I’m in bed and it is raining outside I will keep my window wide open. I also have the Rain app and follow a rain playlist on Spotify.
14) I worry way too much about what people think of me.
15) I’m an early bird. On an average day I’m awake by 5AM and back in bed by 9PM.
16) Many of the friends I am close to don’t live in the UK and although that sometimes gets to me I feel I’ve learned a lot from maintaining those friendships.
17) It took me four attempts to pass my driving test.
18) I am not a fan of wearing make up. As soon as I have it on my face I am itching to get it off again. I absolutely hate getting ready for a night out because I’m always counting down the moments until I can wash my face!
19) One of the most fulfilling and enjoyable jobs I had was when I worked in personal care for elderly people. They were some of the most wonderful people to work with and I miss that job a lot.
20) My favourite stuffed animal is a hippo named Melvyn who, to this day, can make the worst situation seem 100 times better.
There you have it! 20 facts about me that you may or may not have known before. I hope this has let you get to know me a little better.
What interesting facts do you have about yourself?