Since our little trip to Disneyland Paris, I’ve become obsessed with pins. I’m currently in the process of decorating my work lanyard and so I’m constantly on the hunt for some cute pins. So, when I found Old English Company and saw the array of enamel pins they had to offer, it took no time at all for me to fall in love. After having a browse I’ve put together a small wishlist of the pins I want from Old English Company.
1) Go Get ‘Em – I’m sure this is the cutest pin I’ve ever seen! Everyone needs a little motivating friend.
2) Hustle – When I want something I work hard for it. A constant reminder on the days I am procrastinating. You have to hustle hard for what you want.
Something about autumn fills me with delight. I enjoy the summer but to be nothing beats autumn. You feel the change in the air as it gets a little more bitter and wave goodbye to the long days. I wanted to try and convince people that this a season to love.
Everything is changing
I love autumn primarily because everything starts to change. In my opinion there is nothing more beautiful than seeing trees turn from green to red. The air has more of a bite to it and the weather goes from relatively sunny to more crisp and rainy days. Something about knowing the world has it’s own little routine is magical, in my eyes.
The food gets better
Lets face it – summer is a high maintenance season. Every other article you see is about how to get a ‘summer body’. Whilst I’m not overly concerned about this summer menus always feature lighter foods. Heralding in autumn means more comfort food! I love soups and stews along with warm coffee and heavy, soulful desserts!
Cosy days and nights
Bring on the knitwear! I adore all of my jumpers and getting bundled up into scarf and gloves makes me happy. Being cosy throughout the day is a definite perk for me. And it also translates into the evenings. With the days becoming shorter, candles are sparked earlier and nothing beats settling down in front of the fire tucked up in my dressing gown.
All of the holidays
As soon as we enter into autumn there’s a countdown for all of the holidays. We have Halloween, Bonfire Night and Christmas to look forward to. For our friends across the pond they can add in Thanksgiving. There always seems like something to be preparing for which for me means seeing a lot more of my family and friends.
All these little things are what have made me fall in love with autumn over the years. Although I know it isn’t the season for everyone, it will forever be my favourite time of year.
What’s you’re favourite season? What do you like about autumn?
Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin
Getting to know Z. Getting to know all about Z! And I hope that tune stays stuck in your head now! Having eased myself back into the world of blogging I felt it would be appropriate to give you a little insight into my life by setting out 20 facts about me. Rather than hang about let’s jump right in!
1) I am musical. I sing and play a few different instruments to varying degrees of success. I’m constantly listening to Spotify and if it wasn’t for music I’m not sure how I’d get through life.
2) I recently took up knitting and find it to be a really relaxing activity.
3) I suffer with anxiety. It can get bad enough that I can’t step out of the house. I’m working on it but no two days are the same.
4) Books take up a lot of space in my life. I am known as the girl who usually has a book in her hand and can recommend you an interesting read.
5) When I was younger I wanted to be a bin man or a professional kite flyer.